We used to come
across many instances, saying that age 22 to 29 is the most difficult period
for men. In this stage, the boy actually develops into men and takes
responsibility from having moved from funny attitude. Here are some of the
glimpses I faced and remember.
First and foremost is at Age 22
![]() |
| No worries Life |
Most of us would
have completed Post Graduation. Unlike Under Graduation, Post Graduation is
one, where we have to go to job and further college days are literally not
possible.
If I got
selected through college campus or in first few interviews, things would have
been different. But I didn't get through it. I searched, attended and walked-in
to various companies for interviews without having proper English, Subject
Knowledge and Local Language Hindi in the cities of Delhi, Noida and Gurugram.
The top MNCs Bajaj Finance, American Express, Dell, Axis Bank, L&T InfoTech,
Apollo Munich and other Insurance brokers rejected me citing poor knowledge.
My education got
over in May 2013 and I had to move from Delhi. With hope of getting job in
Chennai, I moved and retraced Choolaimedu (a place well known to me since my UG
was nearby). I moved on to a PG apartment with my friend and started hunting
for job. My similar friends joined me. However the things didn't go as
expected. We had been interviewed at many places and it was the time I felt
that the Language and Subject Knowledge should have been learnt by knowing the
base.
This changed me to learn the subject’s concepts in a different manner and started learning English dailies as part of routine to improve my skills.
Second & Continuous at Age 24,
![]() |
| Spend as you wish |
I was working at
Reliance General, Mumbai with good salary and full wings to roam the "High city". Since it was my first job, I felt the job is like
monotonous and spending our own earning, the need was felt for taking a job
which would make an impact in the society. I resigned the job and flown back to
Chennai again, but this time for taking up additional studies in the form of
UPSC.
After earning
handsome salary at Mumbai, I am left without any money and didn't like the
option of taking money from my parents for my expenses. So, I reduced my
requirements as much as I can. Traveled in White board MTC buses for cheap,
walked a lot, ate in street vendors always etc. This was the first time; I felt
that I can able to live with little money.
I got to
understand the way of learning the subjects further. Whatever we are learning,
not only we understand it but also know why this has come and the History
behind it. The History is very much important in all the aspects. It shows the
way forward.
Things gotten
worse after few months that I didn't have the money and started to look for job
further. With the knowledge I gained in UPSC, I was selected in a bank. The
salary was more like same with my previous job.
When we work hard and with dedication, any exams can be cleared. It doesn't matter whether we got first marks in schooling/ college days.
Third and Dropped at Age 25
![]() |
| A good feeling |
I got to know a
girl very well. This butterfly has flown to me back from my college days. She
was interested with me and her eyes reflected so much about it. I was equally
reciprocal in it. However this time, unlike the college days, the pleasantries
were limited. The problem is her family is of luxuries and political one
whereas I didn't. So the things don’t go well.
I felt that If
have completed UPSC; my things at this stage would have been very different. I
can proudly walk-in and ask her parents.
So, ultimately if we have taken some assignments, we should complete it any cost. I should not have left the UPSC.
Fourth and Success at Age 26
![]() |
| Praises & Rewards |
With entering
the banking system, my focus shifted only to enrich my-selves keeping all the
things in mind. I completed all the banking courses that come my way. During
the same-time, I got into a work-related accident which made me lose some
monetary value. I learnt the mistakes should not be repeated and trended
cautiously further.
Involved to gain
all the aspects of the work, the knowledge about it. It made me give a wide
sense of appreciation from my workplace.
The knowledge and education is not only a degree, it is a continuous updation and not to repeat mistakes further. When we are updated with this, we will be in the market forever. We are also like a mobile phone; the society always takes the latest model and ignores the others.
Fifth and Downfall at Age 28
![]() |
| Not in my context |
I am open ended
person, doesn't get to understand the double meaning of words, no crappy back
speeches. However when we enter into a family through wedding, not all speak
like us in the same way. This world is made up of peoples who wear various
masks. Unable to cope up with this, my downfall started. Slowly my personal
life started to reel under pressure.
Though I worked
in the bank, I was comfortably working in the back-office. I had made a mistake
in this case by not taking the branch job. Just because of sales pressure in
the front-end, I didn't take up the role.
If I would have
known that, I would have identified who are wearing masks in my own family and
sorted the issue at the earliest.
Though it is our own family, do not believe everyone, and always pose a question among you. Show up your anger through smart actions.
Sixth and Hope at Age 29
![]() |
| Long way to go |
With continuing
of the above and going worst further, the things had become public. My-self
from a small town with many relatives surrounded, a bad image has been started
to depicted. In the school/ college, if we didn't like a person, we can simply
ignore it. But in this case, the facing of them necessitated. So I started
facing the social pressure from all the sides.
The way the
society talks and looks us, it would feel like we should not face them again.
But keeping those things apart, we have to face the issue at any cost one
day.
We should not lose our hope for just some people speaking things we are comfortable at it and ready to face any situation that comes before us.
So back from 22,
knowledge should be learnt in your way with proper understanding with history
about it, having continuous updation and the same should be completed & not
left in the middle with half-baked. Do not trust everyone and have a vigil on
your surroundings and be ready to face any situation if warrants you.
Do visit my Youtube channel on banking updates.






No comments:
Post a Comment
Post your beautiful words as the comments/views..