Saturday, June 2, 2018

When "Vicky" became plural form



Vicky, is the name how I call since my childhood. He is one and only cousin who is of equal age.

Being in the same age brings good bonding and also comparison. I remember the early days where my studies were continously compared with him. He is dedicated studyholic person. I never had the chance to challenge him in any of the subjects. But still we remained good friends apart from being cousin.

Some four years ago when I was at Bengaluru, he said that he is in love. I conveyed him to make his love official.

And Yes!! After four years, he made it. His marriage was on 31st May, 2018 scheduled at Bengaluru. It would be the first love marriage in our nearest family.

The marriage is on morning at temple and followed by reception in the evening. Since it is morning, I decided to arrive one day earlier.

Vicky has booked two rooms for occupying Myself, my sister and brother in law, my parents and grandfather. I would be leaving on 29th May by flight from Ahmedabad and reaching midnight. Followed my sister in the 30th morning by train and later by my parents.

Vicky, has arranged two rooms at DRDO phase-2 campus. It is forty kms from Bengaluru airport. He gave me the location in the map and the name of the person in which room is booked.

I took goAir flight from Ahmedabad. Raghu who was working with me got accompanied with us to the airport. Raghu was suffering from little fever and he was traveling to Chennai. At the airport, we had snacks.

In the flight, I was very tired and had good sleep. I felt the flight took long time to reach Bengaluru though it was on-time.

On reaching Bengaluru at 30th midnight, I had message from Somnath who inquired about my whereabouts and message from my brother-inlaw asking for location of the room. In the previous day, my nephew had fallen and had some muscular pain in his left hand.

To the excitement, I found the Bengaluru airport was very active and people were rushing out of the exit gate as looked like after end of movie. I booked UBER taxi, the taxi stand was very rush and all the taxis were coming in tens. I got in to our taxi and loved the weather.

It was a long drive, it is 40kms and lasted for one hour. I reached the gate of Defense center and conveyed the name of the booking.

The staff over there was helpful and he took my luggage to the room and guided there. I informed that in the morning another two persons would be coming and was surprised to hear the breakfast was only Rs. 65/-

The room was quite neat and charming. After seeing the summer of Ahmedabad, the weather took very lovingly to sleep. In the morning at 05.30 hours, I heard door knocking sound outside my room and found it was my brother in law and my sister. At that time only I noticed that I left my room key hanging in the room door outside. I felt it was due to tiredness I left the key in the door outside itself. But anyway the place was safe. 

Later at 08.30 hours, we went for breakfast. I had expected the menu to be wide but to the disappointment, the served aloo parantha.. We had something and went outside to have food for my nephew.

It was Udipi and we had Dosa, Vada, Keshari. The sambar tasted very delicious.

Myself and my sister family decided to go out for lunch to Meghna Briyani. To reach there, we have to book cab, but unfortunately in general, Jio was not available and speed were very slow. Every time, we had to struggle to book a cab.

The Meghna Briyani was one of the finest restaurant in Bengaluru serving great briyanis. When I was at Bengaluru for training, I used to go there. We ordered Fish briyani, Chicken briyanis, Naan, Butter Chicken and Andhra Chicken. The Andhra chicken was very spicy and awesome. We couldn't complete the entire Briyani, the quantity was at large.

Later, we took metro from Indiranagar to Cubbon Park. The park was dense with trees but it didn't had much to see. The Karnataka Highcourt, Museum were surrounded by it. We spent little time over there and had ice-cream and natural juices. We decided to return by car and again tried for taxi, after much effort the taxi came after half an hour. It took more than an hour to reach our place.

By the time, my parents and grandfather had arrived in the room. The room management had provided two more extra rooms to use without need for extra beds. My father has provided consent for dinner there itself. In the night, it was Rotis with chicken. The food tastes good.

And then, it was raining heavily and it was time for sleep. We have to get up at 5.00 in the morning to reach the temple where the marriage was scheduled. Vicky had arranged cab for us to reach the place.

I met Hari & Balaji at the Temple. The marriage went in the tradition of Kannadigas. It was new to see and food was also in a different way.

Somnath came to see us as he couldn't come for the marriage function. We had good chat and went to same Udipi to take curd rice for my nephew Ishaan. But unfortunately he didn't like the food and we have to leave to the reception hall hurrily for lunch. 

The reception hall is DRDO Community Hall and it looked like a vast theater. Again the lunch was in Kanndigas type. As we are very tired, we left there in an hour to reach our room back. 

Initially, Martin was scheduled to attend the reception but he had to do last minute cancelation. Santosh came for the reception and had good chat with him. The dinner was in buffet way and the food tasted good. 

In the marriage, I met Vicky's old roommate and had short chat with him. Later nearly about 21.00 hours, we left the place. Vicky and his wife would be visiting later in June to Chennai. 

My sister and brother in law took a cab to Somnath house and our train was scheduled at midnight from KR Puram station. The train was fifteen minutes late and we reached Chennai by correct time in the morning. 

Overall, it was nice and memorable trip. Welcoming Vicky's wife to our family. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your beautiful words as the comments/views..